1. Carefully read the information found on the page of your track of interest. Pay special attention to the Eligibility, Deadlines, Fees, Refund Policy, and Academic Policies sections as well as all the dates and deadlines governing the program. Read through all of our Frequently Asked Questions!
2. Talk to your parents about participating in the program
3. Prepare your answers for the personal insight questions:
• What in your academic background prepares you to participate in this program?
• The UC Berkeley Pre-College Scholars Program seeks to create an engaged and inclusive community that is welcoming to students from various backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Beyond what has already been shared in your application, what do you believe makes you stand out as a strong candidate for the Pre-College Scholars program?
(100 word limit for each)
4. If you are an international student attending high schools outside of the United States, you are required to provide documentation of meeting the English Language Proficiency Requirement unless your school country is exempt from the requirement
5. Now you are ready to apply!
To apply to the program, please visit the Application tab under your track of interest: http://precollege.berkeley.edu/
6. Application opens February 1, 2023, and closes on March 14, 2023, at 11:59 PM (Pacific Time).
Gather all of the following information before you begin:
• Basic biographical (name, birth date, gender, citizenship, etc.) and contact information
• Emergency contact information
7. Upload a PDF copy of your most recent high school transcript, showing all high school work through Fall 2021 (official or unofficial). The transcript must include the student's full name and cumulative GPA. Report cards are not acceptable
8. Prepare to review with your parents all the following documents which will be included in the application:
- Waiver of Liability & Authorization Form
- Release of Authorization for Emergency Treatment Form
- Consent to Release Student Information Form
- Student Code of Conduct Agreement
- Storage and Administration of Medications Form
- COVID Community Compact
- Program Travel During a Pandemic Notice Understanding Form
After You Apply:
Once you have completed your application, it will be reviewed by Program staff on a rolling basis. Typically, it will take 5-7 business days for your application to be reviewed. If your application is complete, you will be notified of your admissions decisions to the program via email.
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed and will delay the student's admission decision to the Pre-College Scholars Residential Track. Please be sure to check your email regularly as staff may email you regarding incomplete application materials. Contact us if you have questions regarding the status of your application.