You are exempt from the English Proficiency Requirement
- If you are from one of the exempt countries. See the List of Exempt Countries.
- If you enroll exclusively in English as a Second Language (ESL) courses. See the List of ESL Courses.
- If your university has been granted an exemption based on an Affiliation agreement. Please check our list of International Registration Centers and ask your international adviser.
You may request a waiver to the English Proficiency Requirement if any of the following criteria apply:
- You reside in a country where English is the primary or official language, and that country is not on our List of Exempt Countries.
- You currently attend a school where English is the language of instruction for the majority of courses taught.
- You have attended schools at the secondary level (high school) or above for at least three years full-time where English is the principal language of instruction (as in the United States, the United Kingdom, and in some international schools).
- You are currently studying or have studied in an English-speaking country for at least one academic year.
- You have a certified letter from your school official confirming your English proficiency based on their own criteria.
If you would like to request a waiver, please see the Procedure for Requesting a Waiver.