To apply to the program, please visit http://precollege.berkeley.edu/virtual and click on the Application tab.
Gather all of the following information before you begin:
• Basic biographical (name, birth date, gender, citizenship, etc.) and contact information
• Emergency contact information
2. Complete the personal insight questions: When completing the online application, all students are required to submit two short answers (100 words each) to the following questions.
3. Upload a PDF copy of your most recent high school transcript, showing all high school work through Fall 2023 (official or unofficial). The transcript must include the student's full name and cumulative GPA. Report cards are not acceptable.
4. Review the Waiver of Liability & Authorization Form
5. Review the Release of Authorization for Emergency Treatment Form
6. Review the Consent to Release Student Information Form
7. English Proficiency Requirement (if applicable): All students who attend high schools outside of the United States are required to provide documentation of meeting the English Language Proficiency Requirement unless their school country is exempt from the requirement, OR they will enroll only in English as a Second Language course. Proof of meeting this requirement is normally completed during the visa process for international visitors. Because you will NOT be issued an I-20 to apply for a student visa, you will need to provide this documentation during the application process.
Once you have completed your application, it will be reviewed by Program staff on a rolling basis. Typically, it will take 5-7 business days for your application to be reviewed. If your application is complete, you will be notified of your admissions decisions to the program via email.
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed and will delay the student's admission decision to the Pre-College Scholars Virtual Track. Please be sure to check your email regularly as staff may email you regarding incomplete application materials. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions regarding the status of your application.