When choosing a course:
- Check course prerequisites to be sure that you have met the requirements listed. These can be found in the catalog description of the course in the Berkeley Academic Guide
- Courses are offered for college credit but may not meet any high school unit or course requirements. Specific questions should be directed to the college/career counselor at your high school
- Because a Summer Sessions course is an accelerated version of a 16-week semester course, we advise that students take no more than six units for Session C and five units for Session D
- Do NOT enroll in upper division courses (courses numbered 100 or higher) as they are too advanced
- Once you have been accepted into the Berkeley Pre-College Scholars program, enrolled in your courses and paid your tuition and fees, visit the Cal Student Store, and follow the appropriate links for the Summer Sessions and courses in which you are enrolled. There, you can access a list of both required and recommended books for your class/es
Keep in mind that some courses numbered between 1 and 99 are not available to Pre-College students. Academic departments have oversight regarding course availability to high school students. It is your responsibility to make sure that the course is available for high school students. If you have any questions about prerequisite verification or course availability, please contact the academic department directly.