Berkeley Pre-College Scholars: Summer Non-credit track welcomes students from all over the world and the Bay Area this summer to experience the quality and excellence of UC Berkeley.
Students must meet the following requirements to apply to the Non-Credit track:
- Have completed the 10th or 11th grade by the start of summer classes and plan to continue their high school studies in the subsequent fall
- Have an overall B average (3.0, weighted or unweighted) in all of their high school coursework
- 16 years of age by June 16, 2024
- Maintain your own health insurance coverage* as outlined in our health insurance requirement (see the website for more information)
- Meet our minimum English language proficiency requirements, if applicable
*The program provides an "Emergency Use Only" insurance plan for students participating under the Residential and Non-Credit tracks only.
Minors who will not be 16 years of age by the start of the program are not eligible to apply for the Pre-College Scholars program. No exceptions will be granted for this program policy.
All international students are expected to attend the program on the appropriate student visa. For visa questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Attending the program on a non-student visa may result in the violation of your status in the country, and we are unable to provide any advising or support to non-student visa holders.
Please NOTE: All students who attend high schools outside of the United States are required to provide documentation of meeting the English Language Proficiency Requirement unless their school country is exempt from the requirement, OR they will enroll only in English as a Second Language course.
High school graduates: Students who have graduated from high school before the start of summer classes, and under the age of 18, are eligible for the Pre-College Scholars program. High school graduates over the age of 18 can attend Berkeley Summer Sessions as a visiting student and need to apply using the visiting student application.