Berkeley Summer Sessions Residential Pre-College Scholars Program has strict academic conduct and residential living policies to protect the health, safety, and academic integrity of the student as well as the health, safety, and academic integrity of other participants. Students must understand that failure to abide by the UC Berkeley Summer Sessions Pre-College Scholars Residential Program policies may put their health, safety and academic performance at risk and may endanger other program participants. It is the student’s responsibility to follow all the rules and regulations in place as outlined in, but not limited to, the Student Conduct Code policy, UC Berkeley principles of community , the Pre-College Scholars Program Residential Code & Community Standards, and UC Berkeley Pre-College Scholars Summer Residential Program Code of Conduct & Agreement Form.
Any violations of the Berkeley Campus Student Code of Conduct, Pre-College Scholars Program Residential Code, or the Berkeley Pre-College Scholars Summer Residential Program Student Agreement may result in monetary fines, probation, criminal prosecution, and/or immediate dismissal from the program. All fines and penalties are the student’s sole responsibility.
Violations of the following policies may lead to immediate dismissal from the Pre-College Scholars Program and all fines and penalties are the student’s sole responsibility:
- Possession or consumption of cigarettes, vapes, Juuls, alcohol or illegal drugs (including marijuana) is strictly not allowed.
- Harassment, assault, bullying, or sexual misconduct (including sexual contact with others) are strictly forbidden.
- Any type of disrespectful, exclusionary, discriminatory, threatening, aggressive, or abusive behavior is strictly prohibited. Discrimination against a person’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.
- Leaving program accommodation after curfew without the explicit permission of program staff.
- Leaving campus without obtaining permission from the RAM.
- The use of rideshare services including but not limited to conventional taxis, Uber, and Lyft is strictly not allowed.
- The use of electric scooter, or bike services including but not limited to Lime, Bird, and Citi Bike is strictly not allowed.
- Tampering with fire safety equipment is strictly forbidden.
- The removal of furniture from rooms or common areas is strictly forbidden.
- Hanging or throwing things out the windows is strictly not allowed.
- Damaging walls, furniture, or vending machines is strictly forbidden.
- Fighting, stealing, vandalism or loud noises are strictly not allowed.
- Weapons are strictly forbidden.